CAT: Great sources for beardless iris

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: CAT: Great sources for beardless iris
  • From: JEM 300 <JEM300@aol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 20:17:24 -0600 (MDT)

Hi all,

I just received my order from Foxbrook Iris Farm.  I just wanted to let
everyone know that they did a great job all the way around.  The divisions
were extremely fresh, healthy, and of a generous size.  The prices are very
reasonable and the fast service I received was absolutely dazzling.  I
recommend them as a good source for beardless iris.  Check the archives from
4/25/98 for their plant list or e-mail Andrew or Debby Wheeler at
Foxbrook@javanet.com for their plant listing.
(Talk about instant gratification-they shipped my order within 7 days of
having received it via e-mail!)

Also, I can personally recommend Iris City Gardens in Nashville TN for
beardless iris.  I ordered from them last year and the divisions were very
big, extras were generous, and all the plants are doing great.  Very healthy
and vigorous.  You can obtain a catalog (with some nice color pictures to
ogle) by contacting them at Icity@msn.com or 1-800-934-IRIS.  I believe the
catalog is free of charge.  They also carry a small selection of bearded
historical iris and pond plants.  Macey and Greg McCullough are the nice folks
who run this garden.

Happy irising all,

Linda Doffek        SE Wisconsin   Zone 5
JEM 300@aol.com