Re: Chartres

Don't you just hate it when you break a stalk, the worst is when you have
just finished making the "perfect cross" and in the process of standing up
you snag the branch or flower you just crossed, hear that telltale snap and
don't have the guts to look down!  Speaking of stalks, Diabolique
(Schreiner's 97) is blooming with 4 branches a spur and triple socketed
terminal!  All in all 13 buds and an absolutely garden visitor stopping
flower!  We lined out four last year and each plant has four increases and
a bloom stalk showing similar branching and bud count. Not a trace of leaf
spot.  Any body having similar results with the flower?
Mike Sutton

Sutton's Iris Gardens
USDA zone 8/9
where TB bloom has lasted for over 7 weeks now due to very cool weather