Re: Chartres

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Chartres
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 09:47:18 -0600 (MDT)

Gordon and Lorraine Nicholson wrote:

> . . .  must say the birds break off MANY in their quest for food
> (insects they spot on bloom).

Lorraine and Gordon -- Your mention of birds breaking off stalks recalls
a number of questions about "snapped-off" stalks a year or so ago.  I
have suffered the same damage again this year, and, though I have never
seen it occur, have come to the conclusion that our feathered friends
are to blame. We'll probably both be in trouble with the bird people,
but so be it.

jgcrump@erols.com