RE: Chartres

> Gordon and Lorraine Nicholson wrote:
> >
> > . . .  must say the birds break off MANY in their quest for food
> > (insects they spot on bloom).
	Last night I had the pleasure and honor of listening to Barry
Blyth speak.  He mentioned that they have relatively few 'critters' that
cause problems.  He did say that from time to time they had the
unfortunate experience of incredibly large flocks of cockatoos (over
20,000 birds) visiting the fields.  When this happens they can virtually
destroy the fields and flowers.  I think he likened it to having put
them through a shredder.