Re: GRAPE SCENTED IRIS

Greetings,

Thank you, Lorraine, for the information on SOUTHLAND GRAPE.

The query to which Lorraine was replying was one from me in response to a
question this office has received about a tall, purple, grape scented iris.
The person says their late mother grew it in southern Maine about 1950 but
gave so much away that there was none left when she died in 1971. The person
wants to have it or something similar again. I've asked several folks about it
and Enchantment Acres thinks they may have it. Libby Cross also thinks she may
know which it is, and is waiting for the buds to open to confirm grapeness.
I'm interested in hearing names of any and all irises which are basically of
the period and which meet the description. I'm betting it could have been
ALCAZAR (Vilmorin '10), my mother's grapey bi-toned purple, but I'd really
like to know which you thing it could be. Please drop me a note off-list if
you have any notions. Let's help someone get an olifactory memory of their mom
back.

Thank you.

Anner Whitehead
Commercial Source Chairman