OT:Bio Ray & Judy Keisling

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT:Bio Ray & Judy Keisling
  • From: Ray & Judy Keisling <keisling@swbell.net>
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 09:17:03 -0600 (MDT)

Hi all --

After many months of mostly following the threads and being silent,
we've decided it's time to introduce ourselves.  We are Ray and Judy
Keisling, two iris "nuts" who grow iris, daylilies, hosta, peonies, and
a multitude of other perennials on our 4 acres just outside of Liberty,
MO -- about 20 miles north of Kansas City, MO (just off I-35).

Although we grow lots of things, our passion is iris -- we have about
2,000, ranging from SDBs, to TBs, to Siberians, to Japanese and
Louisianas -- and a few of others such as spuria, arils, and species
(our first year for these).

We have been AIS members for 3 years and will be attending the Denver
convention (our first AIS national) in June.  We are active participants
in three societies here in Missouri -- Springfield, Kansas City, and St.
Joseph.  We are both Region 18 board members -- Ray has the "envious"
job of membership chairman for the region -- a real challenge to be
sure.  We also belong to HIPs and Siberian sections. Also are active
members of the newly formed Tall Bearded Iris Society.

We enjoy having visitors in our garden -- so for those of you driving
east or west on I-70 or north or south on I-29 or I-35, give us a call
and come on by -- we'd love to share our garden with you.  This year
you'll find that it is still "under construction" -- we're getting ready
for the Region 18 spring meeting that will be held here in Kansas City
next May.

We began selling our iris locally last year.  This year we have produced
our first catalog -- featuring only our bearded iris; mostly TBs.  We
have over 600 varieties listed.  We have an ad in the April AIS
Bulletin, but since that is running late and we'd like to get our
catalog out, we decided to announce the availability of our catalog via
Iris-L and make it available at no charge to any Iris-L subscriber who
requests a copy.

Ray & Judy Keisling
12119 County Road A
Liberty, MO 64068