Re: SHOW: KCIS Show Results

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SHOW: KCIS Show Results
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@digitalpla.net>
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 09:57:00 -0600 (MDT)

Congratulations on your outstading achievements at the King County Iris

> With our
> weird El Nino weather, hot and very dry spring (and much rain the day of
> show to further distroy our flowers and our spirit)

We seem to be getting much of your missing precipitation. It has been an
abnormally cool and wet spring here, including a very soggy Mother's Day
weekend. You are welcome to take at least half of your rain back! At least,
we have avoided the extreme swings in temperature that so often
characterize our spring. No late freeze damage this year; no stunted,
distorted or abortive stalks - amazing! When the iris finally do bloom, it
should be quite a picture.

> Earlier, I had been asked to play clerk for the judges and let me tell
> you....It is very NERVE WRACKING to stand there quietly while the judges
> "critique" your entries.

We always make it a point to warn clerking volunteers about what they may
be forced to overhear after a couple of unfortunate experiences in which
peoples' feelings were deeply injured.
> But there is always the next show. Watch
> out folks, I will be there with ALL my Rosettes on!!!

Go get 'em!