Re: OT: differing opinions

Jan Clark wrote:

> Yesterday I recieved my first unpleasant private mailing. Should I name
> this person on list, so that others be warned? (Just as people are
> prepared to name companies they don't consider to be ethical). OK - only
> kidding.
> Knowledgeable and friendly people have left the list because of such
> abuse.
> I stand accused of being 'very young and having much to learn'. This
> patronising attitude will help lose us the few young members we have.
> I'm pleased to be thought of as 'very young'. I hope there is plenty
> more to learn in life, and consider the opinions of the young as
> important as any other.
> I sincerely hope this person remains on list and learns from the
> experience. You only learn by experience if your mind remains open.
>
> BTW, I have recieved many pleasant off list communications in my four
> months on the list, which shows what a nice group of people you are.
> Jan Clark
Hi Jan--
I believe this kind of thing has happened to many of us.  while I am not
very young, I still have a lot to learn, and I am learning it from the
knowledgable and very friendly people that make up most of this list.
Maybe you should name this person, and whoever it is will cut it out.
Rima  terra@catskil.net
upstate ny zone 4