RE: Bloom Report

Hi Sharon,

Tu Tu Turquoise blooms 6 to 8 inches for me.  As for Peach Petal Pie, you'll
love it.  I haven't seen anything quite like it in the SDB class.  One of
the terminal buds on one stalk actually bloomed four sets of everything
instead of three.  It has very delicate colouring and is very wide and

Surprises can happen with the auction iris though.  One year I bought Karen
- a pink-purple bitone, and it turned out to be Heritage Lace - a
yellow-white.  Last year, I bought Sailor (blue IB) at what I thought to be
a tremendous bargain.  The buds are orange.  However, this IB looks
interesting -- one stalk has two branches and a spur.  It is also a bright
orange.  I hope that I will be able to identify it somehow.

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4) -- where the horticultural society is debating
whether to move up the iris and peony show scheduled for June 13.