Re: Bloom Report

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Bloom Report
  • From: Chris Hollinshead <cris@netcom.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 07:51:18 -0600 (MDT)

thymetoo@direct.ca wrote:

> I am thrilled to report that the lovely little DB that I purchased from
> the CIS Silent Auction last year, Tu Tu Tourquise, bloomed two days ago.
> The plant is no more than 3" high (really, it is that tiny!) and the
> bloom is easily that size as well. It is as lovely as I had hoped it
> would be.
>
> I also bought Peach Petal Pie to plant beside Tu Tu, for a glorious
> color combination, but although it made it through the winter just fine,
> and is growing, there is no sign of impending bloom.
>
> I can't wait until this year's Silent Auction offerings list shows up in
> our mail box!!
>
> Regards, Sharron
> Renaissance Farm
> Kamloops, BC - Zone 5

 Chris replies:

Yes, we are having the CIS Silent Auction again this year and have added
many new selections to the listings.
(The CIS Silent Auction is a mail in type iris auction which we hold for our
members that live too far removed to attend our "normal iris auction" in
person.)
The 1998 listings are contained in the Spring 98 Newsletter and that issue
is in the mail right now!
Happy irising.

TU TU TURQUOISE blooming here too but planted right between a really neat
and distinctive SDB iris, PELE (Aitken 1993)... and another lovely SDB,
WIDOW'S VEIL (L.Miller 1994)
--
Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b