Re: Bloom Report

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Bloom Report
  • From: Chris Hollinshead <cris@netcom.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 08:02:11 -0600 (MDT)

Mark.Maureen@fin.gc.ca wrote:

> Surprises can happen with the auction iris though.  One year I bought Karen
> - a pink-purple bitone, and it turned out to be Heritage Lace - a
> yellow-white.  Last year, I bought Sailor (blue IB) at what I thought to be
> a tremendous bargain.  The buds are orange.  However, this IB looks
> interesting -- one stalk has two branches and a spur.  It is also a bright
> orange.  I hope that I will be able to identify it somehow.

Sorry to hear that you received a mis-named iris from the CIS auction. Mistakes
do sometimes happen. However it bothers me very much when this happens and when
an iris is misnamed. If you peruse the listing from the 97 silent auction you
should be able to narrow down the name of the iris you did receive as it no
doubt is among those.

Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
AIS(Region 16), CIS, SSI