Re: OT: differing opinions

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT: differing opinions
  • From: Henryanner <Henryanner@aol.com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 08:56:35 -0600 (MDT)

<<  Perhaps the person in question just wanted to "scare off the younguns" so
 that they and their "old crone friends" (My apologies..... I don't know
whether "crone" applies to males as well as females..... I mean it for  both)
can have the list to themselves to endlessly discuss inane topics  that
they've already done to death before!!!  Perhaps we should talk to our  list
controller and ask him to set up their very own list...... we could  always
call it something like
 	old-blinkered-scared-of-new-ideas-on-irises-l@rt66.com >>

I do not find this either an accurate or a generous characterization of the
tone or intent of the Iris-L, or of the behavior of its members, who are a
merry and diverse group of courteous individuals of many ages, interests, and
levels of expertise.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond, VA  Age 47