ot:bloom breakage?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: ot:bloom breakage?
  • From: "Gordon and Lorraine Nicholson" <iris4u@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 16:38:42 -0600 (MDT)

Not sure breakage is a word but it works for me.  YES glad to hear someone
else has the bird problem, since I love to see and hear the birds I have
mixed feelings on what steps to take (shiny ribbon, noisy guns (not
bullets, just noise) plastic owls).  all of the above would probably work
for awhile.  Blue jays and mocking birds have outsmarted me many times,
love to watch them zero in on a bug and then swoop from the sky and nab the
critter, take it a few feet away and enjoy eating it, there I go again
associating iris with food!!  Our bloom is at its ennnd, still allot to
see, just have to walk further.  Judged a show yesterday in Yreka, it was
an outstanding show, 9 judges in all, I always learn so much from the other
judges.  It was a three hour drive for us, but well worth it, even the
three hours back thru the bay area when the traffic was 4-5 lanes deep,
backed up several miles and going 70 miles per hour in the slow lane!!
Should mention that the youth division was just as great as the adult
division, in fact I would rather enter against the adults then those kids
every time!!  lorrain in RAINY california.
Lorraine & Gordon Nicholson
Woodland Iris Garden, Modesto Ca.
Region 14, Zone 9, >iris4u@pacbell.net<
http://home.pacbell.net//iris4u/