Re: I. tectorum variegatum again

By ''stoloniferous'' do you mean that the rhizome is more like a trailing stem
of the fan as opposed to having the fan arise obliquely from the rhizome?

Based on your description, I am afraid I have been duped as well.  It is all a
bit subjective, but the pleating is definitely not there.

No matter though, I have just lost an acquisition (I.tectorum variegatum) and
gained an acquisition (I.japonica variegata).  An attractive plant
nonetheless.  The iris garden needs more foliage variety to provide some
interest during the other nine months of the year.

Stephen Hopkins
still in bloom in coastal South Carolina, USA, zone 8b