BLOOM REPORT

Hi All:
  Thought I'd better let you know how the bloom is, here in Central
Washington (Columbia Basin).  I'm sure the Iris have never before been
so beautiful.  Tall, and huge blooms.  I think our mild winter may be
responsible.  I did fertilize last Fall with a special mix of 5-10-10.
Had one of our fertilizer plants mix up 10 sacks for me and the other
members of our Iris club.  I can't tell you that I have a favorite.
They are all beautiful.  CAFE OLE has really caught my eye this year.
Have a huge clump of MARY FRANCES that's gorgeous.  ENGLISH CHARM opened
yesterday and I love the colors.  STOP THE MUSIC, BLACK HILLS GOLD,
SPELLBREAKER, EPICENTER, CARNIVAL SONG, GRECIAN SKIES, ARIZONA MOON,
WITCHING, etc. etc.  I could go on and on.  The IBs & the BBs are just
finishing up, and there were some of those that are beautiful.  FAUX PAS
is new for me and I really like it. Also APRICOT FROSTY (these two are
real special)  Some of the older medians that I favor are MAUI
MOONLIGHT, ASK ALMA, PECCADILLO, HAPPY SONG,  FRENCHI, BATIK, ANDI,
BEDTIME STORY, BLUE-EYED BLOND, MAGNA, RASPBERRY BLUSH, REVVED UP, etc.
I really don't have any favorites.
  In a message today Robt. Stassen spoke of stalks being "free" of the
boot leaf.  A new term for me.  What is it?
  Gotta go, just checking in.

Lorraine -- LORRAINE'S IRIS PATCH
            20272 Road 11 NW
            Quincy, WA 98848