AIS National Convention in Denver, CO (reply to urmsg of 12 May 98)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: AIS National Convention in Denver, CO (reply to urmsg of 12 May 98)
  • From: WWIEKHORST <WWIEKHORST@aol.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 08:05:45 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Dianne Dalla Santa,
Yes we are having a big boutique(over 30 vendors) at the AIS convention in
Denver, CO 2 thru 6 June 1998.  You call it storefront while we call it
boutique.  Vendors with Iris Jackets and other accessories down to stick pins
will be there.  We will have a quilt raffel and I think the chances are $2
each and $5 for three chances.  The Chairperson of the Boutique is Ricci
Morgan at telephone 1-303-985-1266.  The boutique hours will be during the
entire convention.  We plan to show Jack Roberts of Melbourne and Joy Wilson
of Yarrawonga a good time.  There will be gardens in the Golden, Boulder,
Littleton, Sedalia, and Colorado Springs, CO areas to view on three days of
bus tours.  Verona and I live in Colorado Springs, CO and we are usually a
week or so behind the folks in the Denver area, but I believe our garden is
about a week early this year.  We have MDB's and some Antique(historic) iris
in bloom now.  Our SDB's will be in bloom next week.  We are at an elevation
of 7000 feet while Denver is the mile-hi city of 5870 feet above sea level.
We had a slightly dry winter in spots but the spring has been beautiful.  If
your friends get a chance , they are welcome to visit our private garden prior
to or after the convention.  We will be bus captains for the three days of
garden tours.

Keep em blooming,

Warren and Verona Wiekhorst, 4855 Santiago Way, Colorado Springs, CO 80917
Telephone 1-719-596-7724, Fax 1-719-574-3208, email wwiekhorst@aol.com