CULT: Season

I have just reviewed the irises in the garden.  It is probably the best
year ever for healthy plants and I have mature buds on some siberians
and TB.  I would expect flowers this weekend or very soon afterwards.
This is between three and, on the average, four weeks earlier that these
groups flowered during the last four or five years.  El Nino or not,
this is an amazing year for early development.

I was delighted to have I.lacustris flower last week, although the
flower died before it was fully open and I could not take a photograph!

Ian, in Ottawa where he has been following the "flaming" issue and
wondering if he qualifies as being "too young'!