places tp stay in Salem

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: places tp stay in Salem
  • From: "carrylmmeyer" <carrylm@bigsky.net>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 17:34:53 -0600 (MDT)

There is a nice Best Western Motel at the north end of Salem, just about
where Hwy 99 splits off--have had relatives stay there several times.  Also
a couple of good restaurants fairly close to there--if you continue north
on 99 from there, you will see the sign for Schreiner's on your left--only
a couple of miles --
We were there last Thursday, and the bloom was the earliest I had seen in
seven years--talked with Steve Schreiner, and he said bloom is much earlier
than usual this year.  Also went by Cooley's--which had a great bloom, but
twas there Friday and it was really raining hard, so just looked from the
car--also went by some other smaller commercial gardens--some we saw at the
Portland meeting--and all are farther into bloom than usual--so if you are
planning upon going, go sooner than later-
Hi Tony and Dorothy--great to see you both here--twas out visiting Dave and
Nancy last week and saw their bloom--many of your little ones are doing
great in my yard--Auburn Valley had 5 bloom stalks this year!  See you in
Denver