Multiple iris parts

A number of people have written about SDBs this year having 4 standards, falls and
style arms.  We always have some MDBs and SDBs that do this, but there does seem
to be a larger number this year including some IBs.  We had a very mild winter and
spring started at least three weeks early.  It is still about two weeks ahead of usual
compared with last year which was two weeks later than usual.  The winter was relatively
dry, but April and May have been exceedingly rainy.  It did seem that many irises were shorter than
they were supposed to be.  We think this was because the warm weather pushed them
into bloom before they were fully developed.

Our Early Iris Show was held on Saturday (May 9) when we normally expect MDBs and early
SDBs, but there were few MDBs left.  Most entries were SDBs and IBs.  The Best Specimen
was our IB, MALIBU WILDFIRE.  There were even a few TBs entered.

Will we ever have a "normal" season again?

Dorothy in Zone 5