Re: TB: More on Walta's LEMON CHESS

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: TB: More on Walta's LEMON CHESS
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 09:58:41 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 13 May 1998, Henryanner wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> You will recall I said before that Walta's light yellow TB, LEMON CHESS, had
> bloomed for me and I thought it was especially nice. Well, we have been having
> rain all week-literally--and quite heavy at times, and she is still standing
> tall and upright with two real pretty blooms wide open and riding out this
> weather like a champion. And this is not one of those awful irises that can
> take a lot of rain because they have the substance--and charm- of a cabbage.
>
> Anner Whitehead, Richmond, VA  Zone 7
> Henry Hall  Henryanner@aol.com

	Anner, I am especially pleased that you would post again on the
attributes of LEMON CHESS.  I have received several favorable
comments recently on its performance, the most recent from several who
went on the pre-convention tour of the '99 AIS meeting a week-end ago in
Oklahoma City.

	I am looking forward to a better picture of LC in the Stockton
Catalog, which is supposed to be in the mail this week.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8