RE: new seedlings (Space Age), SA Intros.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: RE: new seedlings (Space Age), SA Intros.
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 11:50:11 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 13 May 1998 Mark.Maureen@FIN.GC.CA wrote:

> Lloyd,
> Your seedlings sound lovely.  I've been hankering after Mesmerizer but now
> I can wait for your seedlings to be introduced.  Maybe by then, I'll have
> more land so that I can buy all of them.
>
> Maureen Mark
> Ottawa, Canada (zone 4) -- where Sunray Reflection will be the first TB to
> bloom either today or tomorrow

	Pictures of two striking SA irises appear in the new Sutton Green
Thumber Catalog.

	WING COMMANDER is described as pale wisteria blue veined princess
blue in the standards, and the falls are princess blue with a pale
wisteria blue center with orange beards ending in 2" princess blue
flounces.  I'm not really sure of princess blue, but I hope the color is
as dark as the picture. This is a Sutton creation.

	THOR'S LIGHTNING BOLT has purple standards and white style arms.
The falls are purple with orange beards, forked at the tip and confined to
the throat area, continuing as a white membraneous fall attachment, spear
shaped and extending 2/3 the length of the falls, ending in a small purple
horn at spear tip.  Looks good and is from the pollen daubing of Walt
Dean.

	I wonder if Mike Sutton has crossed TLB with his broken color
seedling out of White Reprise X Suky, which one of my kids (WR) might have
helped to create!  And, what if it reblooms?????  Rebloom genes appear on
both sides of the parentage!  Erect a chain-link fence (barbs up) around
this jewel and hire 24-hour security personnel!

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8