OT: Hello to Celia

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT: Hello to Celia
  • From: "Dorothy C. Frisbie" <dfrisbie@cts.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 18:27:46 -0600 (MDT)

Celia, I'm glad to note that you got back from San Diego safe and sound and
are catching up with your real life!  It was so nice meeting you at our San
Diego Iris Show and then having you visit my place.  Right now my iris are
really suffering from the return of a 'winter' storm -- really unusual for
this time of year.  As you may have noted, I've been putting my last
dozen-plus iris into pots -- weakened when I got Stockton's catalog the
other day and ordered more!

To the rest of the list:  My iris bed, now at capacity, contains
seasonal-bloom iris, rebloomers, and is interplanted with other flowers to
extend the 'pretty' season.  Question:  Now that the majority of the iris
have bloomed, what should be the program for fertilizing and watering to
make sure the rebloomers get what they need?  I live in Escondido, about 30
miles north of San Diego and maybe 25 miles inland from Carlsbad-Oceanside;
Sunset Zone 20/21; iris bed is on drip irrigation.

Dorothy Frisbie
dfrisbie@cts.com