RE: Weird year

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: RE: Weird year
  • From: "J.F. Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 09:15:11 -0600 (MDT)

I'd thought the hodgepodge of irises (Dwarfs, TBs, I.cristata) all =
blooming at the same time as Oriental poppy, Leopard's Bane, tulips and =
now shrub roses and lilacs was strange enough..........

This morning I noticed that SALEM WITCH, OTTAWA (just in), and SUMMER =
SKIES (all SIBs) are budding up and ready to put on a show!

It seems that the 80 degree weather we had for the past month has also =
encouraged rampant germination among batches of seeds planted out last =
season. A patch of SMITTEN KITTEN x seedlings have suddenly popped up  =
and baby Siberians next to them are already looking like unmown lawn.=20

For any keeping notes on how to bring the temperatures down and make =
rain, we've found the secret......... Schedule sheep shearing and a =
garden tour all in the same week. We've dropped to the 40s and 50s in =
the past two days and it's poured buckets of rain during the night!

Christy Hensler in a more normal z4b
Newport, WA