OT-BIO, Tammy King

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT-BIO, Tammy King
  • From: Tammy King <tlking@ap.net>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 10:22:21 -0600 (MDT)

Hello everyone~

This is my first year growing iris. I have mainly TB's, but also have a few
DB and SB. I'm in California, 60 miles north of San Francisco in the gateway
to the wine country.

Right now I'm in the process of getting back out into the workforce, which
is putting a damper on my gardening, along with the weather that can't make
up it's mind what it wants to do..*grin*

I have approximately 57 iris plants, some named, some un-named. Most are in
the ground, in various places, some in pots which will be put into the
ground this summer. My husband is building me a bed specifically for my
iris. (This is his birthday present to me..pretty neat, huh??) He's hoping
to get it done on Tuesday (the big day) so that I have something to "open".

I've recieved several catalogs in the past week or so, and I'm afraid I may
have to mortgage the house for all the ones I want, and I haven't recieved
several catalogs yet...Schreiners, Suttons, Cooleys and Stockton. I'm in
really big trouble when they get here!! *smiles*

I tend to have a somewhat "dry" sense of humor, so I try to use "emoticons"
to express my meaning so that it isn't taken offensively...if you feel I'm
offending someone, just send me a slap or two and I'll be okay :~)

So far this season I've only had 4 iris bloom: 'Red at Night',
'Superstition', and two other's that are un-named at this point. One is a
bright purple self and the other is a white/purple plicata. I have a few
that are budding out, which surprises me because I planted them in February
of this year after they sat in a box in the garage for 2 months. Can't wait
to see them!

I've joined the AIS and also the Santa Rosa Iris Society. Missed my first
meeting due to illness, but a great bunch of folks and I'm looking forward
to next months meeting.

Thanks letting me ramble on here a bit....Hope everyones weather gets back
to normal!

Take care,
Tammy
Zone 9, Ca. (where the weather is ever-changing)