MED: Abuzz

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: MED: Abuzz
  • From: SOkase <SOkase@aol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 13:15:33 -0600 (MDT)

Hello L-ers,
I have a question for anyone that might be familiar with Ensminger's SDB intro
ABUZZ ('94). What is supposedly ABUZZ is now blooming in my yard. I got it
last year from our club rhizome sale so can't really trace the source it came
from (donated by another club member). My question is what does ABUZZ look
like? The R&I description says it is a pastel violet with tangerine beards. I
decipher this to mean a light lavender self. What I have doesn't look like
that. I would describe mine as smoky lavender standards, peach falls with
heavy, fleshy haft veining and big bushy tangerine beards. The effect is much
like a reverse bicolor. It looks suspiciously like Marky Smith's '97 intro
MUSE and could very well be since both were guested in Seattle and may have
been donated into our rhizome sale. If anyone has grown ABUZZ and can identify
it please let me know. Thanks for your help.

Iris Maniac,
Sterling (not Innerst)
Seattle, WA. Zone 8
SOkase@aol.com