OT: How do non-commercial people ship plant material around the U

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT: How do non-commercial people ship plant material around the U
  • From: Chad Schroter <Chad.Schroter@qntm.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 14:11:05 -0600 (MDT)

The header says it all. I'm not talking about sneaking anything across "the
border" but if you want to share something with someone is it reasonably
safe to just package it up like anything else and post it ? If one were to
do it by "the rules" what exactly is involved, a permit or declaration ?,
possible delays in shipment for inspection ? exorbitant costs far exceeding
the value of the plants ? etc. Does it make a difference for Interstate
versus within the same state ? Let me know what's worked for you. Thanks in
Advance.

Chad Schroter
Los Gatos Zone 9