Re: OT: How do non-commercial people ship plant material around

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT: How do non-commercial people ship plant material around
  • From: "J. Michael, Celia or Ben Storey" <storey@aristotle.net>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 17:14:56 -0600 (MDT)

>The header says it all. I'm not talking about sneaking anything across "the
>border" but if you want to share something with someone is it reasonably
>safe to just package it up like anything else and post it ?

A few months back when shipping some plants to CA, I asked the local postal
fellow who said, yes, noncommercial people can mail plants hither and yon
without dealing with inspections or permits either one. Even into
California, which guards it roadway borders rigorously. Let me tell you, I
was amazed.

I usually poke a few vent holes in the box, wedge in cushion to prevent
thrashing about and send it the fastest method I can afford.

celia
storey@aristotle.net
Little Rock