CULT: Yellowing leaves/ants

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: CULT: Yellowing leaves/ants
  • From: Tammy King <tlking@ap.net>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 22:15:57 -0600 (MDT)

Hi all~

Since I'm a newbie to the list, I hope I'm in the right category here, and
hope you don't mind me asking a couple of quick questions.

First, I was just out, cleaning up a bit and noticed that the leaves on most
of my iris are turning yellow. It's starting at the tips, and starting to
travel down towards the base. Could this be due to all the excess rain we've
had? If not, any ideas of what it may be? (I'm terrified of losing any of my
iris!)

Second, I also noticed ANTS! Tons and tons of ants. There aren't any aphids
anywhere to be seen, but lots of ants. I even found them inside the leave
where the stalk comes out. (I know I'm not using the right terminology, but
I'll get the hang of it, given time). Will the ants hurt my plants? Should I
blast them with something? I don't like bugs on my plants...nope, not a bug
person, especially if they could hurt my babies.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!! I love being on this list!! Thanks
for making me feel so welcome.

Tammy King
Zone 9, Ca. ...where it's cold, but the rain has stopped...for now.