HYB: Twins

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: HYB: Twins
  • From: SOkase <SOkase@aol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 22:16:26 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Jan,
What have you heard/read about twin seedlings? I have not seen any literature
about this. Last year I found two such twin seedlings when planting out my
seedlings. Actually, one of them was triplets! I made extra sure they were all
attached to the same husk and tagged them special when planting them out. They
are growing fine but are not going to flower this year. I am curious myself
about this phenomenon. I am guessing that they should be the same since they
were coming from the same seed? All the leaf bases on "Triplets" is purple and
looks consistent.

Iris Maniac
Sterling (not Innerst)
Seattle, WA. Zone8