Re: Ensminger's "Gladys My Love"

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Ensminger's "Gladys My Love"
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 09:05:06 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 15 May 1998, Robert E. Stassen wrote:

> I was looking at the picture of "Gladys My Love" in the AIS bulletin, and
> was trying to think of any other pink amoenas.
	ALMOST GLADYS by the same hybridizer, INFINITE GRACE (Hamblen),
and the rare SUNSET SNOWS (Jean Stevens) are good pink amoenas, just to
name a few.  Many of the Niswonger so-called pink amoenas, CHAMPAGNE
ELEGANCE, CORAL STRAND (and others with coral as the first word) are
not what I envision when someone says pink amoenas; maybe they are
'champagne' amoenas.  But, then, all of this is determined by one's
definition of pink.  FORGIVEN (Rick Ernst) gave maiden bloom this spring,
and it is a very pale 'pink' amoena when one considers the contrast of the
other cultivars listed above. I think it is a welcome addition to the

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS (7/8  We can now smell the Mexican smoke)