RE: OT-BIO, Tammy King

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: RE: OT-BIO, Tammy King
  • From: Tammy King <tlking@ap.net>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 15:41:31 -0600 (MDT)

Oh, yes, the ole mortgage...How many do you think they might give me? LOL. I
was going through the catalogs last night (til 2am) doing a spreadsheet to
try to figure out some way to get them all. I mean, I only want 84! How bad
can that be?? tee hee hee.

Our lot is very small. We're in your typical tract-home subdivision,
complete with lawn in front and back. I'm trying to convince hubby that we
don't really need the 25'X 30' front lawn, but he's not buying it! :~)

I have to tell this story here, I think you'll all be amazed at it. When we
bought our house in '95, it had been abandoned for over a year. Everything
was basically dead, with the exception of a few rose bushes and shrubs. We
took a 2nd to totally re-landscape. Well, not being a gardener yet, I didn't
want any "bee attractors" "nothing frilly" "nothing I have to take care
of"...my exact words to the landscaper who was helping us. Got everything
done and then WHAMMO! I decide I want a few roses. Bought some. Then got
some of this, that and the other thing. Next thing ya know, I'm gardening
like mad, have been ever since, and the collection of iris has multiplied as
fast as they do! And to think I didn't want anything I had to work at! HA!
Just goes to show how quickly things can change.

I truly envy those of you who have acres dedicated to iris, and/or other
flowers and plants. I would LOVE to have the space to do that...

'Well Endowed' is on it's way to blooming...if the sun would just come out
for a little bit longer, it would happen today, but maybe
tomorrow::::crossing fingers here:::::

Tammy King
Zone 9/Ca....where the sun is trying to make it's way through the clouds.