Bloom Description (was Re: OT-BIO, Tammy King)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Bloom Description (was Re: OT-BIO, Tammy King)
  • From: Tammy King <tlking@ap.net>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 15:48:17 -0600 (MDT)

Hmmm, a description, huh? I'll give it my best shot, but remember that I'm
not the best with iris terminology...yet.

I'd describe it as being a very deep, almost burnt red, on the orange hued
side, with an orange beard. The blooms are huge, and ruffled a bit, with
edges that, depending on what time of day/how many days old the bloom is,
are a darker red, close to a blackish red. However, about the third day, the
whole thing lightens up quite a bit to a brighter red, and the edges turn a
deep purplish red color. It's got great substance, IMHO...very strong petals
and stalks and TALL!

Well, how'd I do? I'm not great at descriptions...being one of those that
goes the mechanic with a thing-a-ma-jig making a ker-chunk noise in the
whatcha-ma-callit.....LOL.

Tammy