I have been raising Broadway for several years, and mine bloom every
year--cept after I dig and pull the clump apart--it really is one of my
better performers--and seems to like our coooolllldddd weather here--even
with no snowfall.  As to the inquiry about using Comet-- what I use for rot
is--scrape all gushy stuff out--let it be open to the sun for a day or
so--then sprinkle anything with clorox in it on it--if area is dry, you can
use a liquid spray--or you can use a dry powder--Mr. Forte--hybridizer in
Richland  Washington told me to use Athlete Foot Powder--comes in a nice
sized can for carrying in your pocket when in the garden--
All the weather reports are scary--we had been covered with smoke from
control burns by the Forest service, then a wind blew down from Canada
carrying dust and we had an Alert--was even worse than when Mount St.
Helens dusted with her ash-- but now is all cleared out and gotten cold
again--but the SDB's and IB's are really going great!  Only about two weeks
early--and our show is a week later than usual 'cause we will be in Denver
at regular showtime--
MTB's starting to show color--
Sympathy to ones who lost their show stalks to hail and rain--I sometimes
pick mine up to two days ahead and put them in the basement in the
dark--that usually will hold them till show time--Carryl in western Montana