yellow leaves/ants...cure?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: yellow leaves/ants...cure?
  • From: "WSTONE" <wstone@volcano.net>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 22:02:54 -0600 (MDT)

Earlier reply;
Another approach, if you
are continuing to get rain, would be to sprinkle enough Rabbit Chow around the plants
to carpet the ground, and let the rain work it into
the soil.

I need to tell of a experience with Alphalfa pellets in order to let you be the judge
on additives. In one of my garden plots this year I was trying to sneak a side
dressing in between the rains. I was using alphalfa pellets and then working them into
the ground. I applied, the rain caught me, I didn't get the pelletsworked in.  They
expanded and formed a matted covering. This had tobe removed because it trapped
moisture in and around the rz creating problems. I feel if the additive had been
worked in there would not have been a problem. My experience is just meant for
thought.        Bill
wstone@volcano.net
Stone's Iris Garden
23801 Shake Ridge Rd.