THUNDERSTORMS

Hi:
  I thought I posted a thunderstorm message, but I think it went astray,
so here I am again.  We had a dandy of a thunderstorm on Tuesday
evening.  I think lightening hit my lilac tree at the edge of the garage
because I found about half of it ripped off and hanging on the ground in
the morning.  I can't remember ever hearing such terrific claps of
thunder, and the house shook. It rained buckets.  With the TBs just
coming into peak bloom I expected the garden to be a disaster, but it
wasn't too bad.  It has cooled off considerably and there have been more
black clouds and some rain, but the cooler weather should prolong the
bloom.  They are still all blooming beautifully.
  I am finding that the clumps are getting much too large, and it
appears that I will be doing some major digging this summer.  Am trying
to make sure that I get pieces of lathe between any that are too close.
And digging if that seems necessary.  I dug out a blooming piece of WELL
ENDOWED yesterday that was encroaching on DESERT ECHO.  I will have a
hard time throwing away all of the excess.  As a matter of fact there
are still bags of last years left-overs in the garage, and many of them
were not even labeled.
  Now I have a new problem in the last couple of days.  A big black
stray (I guess) dog thinks he wants to live at my house.  What I don't
need is a dog in my Iris patch.  When I did have a dog, it was a small
miniature dachshund, who never did any damage.  Also two black cats who
are no bother.  I've done a lot of yelling, but the creature does not go
away.
  MTBs are in full bloom now; also the few ABs that I have, some of
which I'm not sure what they are.  Part of what is WHISKEY MACK is
something other than WHISKEY MACK.  That portion of the clump, as well
as the one that is labeled PERSIAN PATTERNS look the same.  Not only do
they appear to be the same, but I would say that they look like TOTEM,
another AB in the same bed.  The only ones I am quite sure of are
WHISKEY MACK & TOTEM, in their correct locations.  This is not a problem
of growing into each other, but rather errors made in moving them into
this new bed.
  All for now.  The catalog is finally at the printers.  I feel badly
that it is so late, but let me know on E-mail if you are interested.  I
list a great many historics, and lots of Medians.
  Lorraine
	LORRAINE'S IRIS PATCH     lcmiller@televar.com
        20272 Road 11 NW
 	Quincy, WA 98848