Storms and other things causing damage(ME!)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Storms and other things causing damage(ME!)
  • From: JEM 300 <JEM300@aol.com>
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 14:03:27 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Listers,

Yes, we had a brief and violent thunderstorm here last night with big hail
I was almost afraid to go outside this morning and have a look-see.
Everything was fine much to my relief.  But then, like a total klutz, I was
handling the only bloom stalk of BATMAN (which I have never seen bloom) and
broke it!!  AARRGGHHH!! I was just sick.  It was not far enough along to save

IMMORTALITY just opened and is my first TB to do so.  It opened almost a full
month earlier than last year.  What a season!  Our early show is next Saturday
and I haven't a clue what I will have.  Most of my TBs are still weeks away
from coming into bloom.   I have some nice SDBs open right now that it is a
shame to not be able to show them.  SERENDIPITY ELF is a real cutie, ADVANCED
DESIGN is really eyecatching....peach standards and orange falls rimmed
yellow.  I am happy to see my two favorite IBs are in bloom....WAMPUM (deep
oxblood red with violet fall flash, glistening with metallic gold all over)
and WILLOW WARE ( beautiful blue amoena rimmed with white).

I have to keep looking at all the lovely things blooming and stop gazing over
to that broken bloom stalk......................

Have a good one!

Linda Doffek         West Bend, WI      Zone 5
JEM 300@aol.com