CULT: good news / bad news

Well, I've been offlist for the last week...and I've got some good news and
bad news to report.

Less than 20% of my irises have blooms/stalks on them.  Is there any chance
of stalks developing still this spring??  Or am I "doomed" to having a weak
bloom season this year?

On the bright side my arilbred OPALS FOR ETHEL is blooming.  It's fabulous!
(Thanks Sharon McAllister!)  :)

My best bloomer is LODESTAR with several stalks with several branches each.
I'm glad I invested in this historic from 1925!

The other good news is that I received two i. fulvas "Marvell Gold".  A
yellow variety of iris fulva.  They're planted now, and my collection of
species iris continues to deepen!

The other bad news is that I tried to cross BE HAPPY with KENTUCKY
BLUEGRASS (both ways) but neither pod seems to be developing seeds.
Perhaps I'm being premature, but it looks like the stalks are just
shrivelling away without any seedpods developing.  Which just adds to my
disappointment with my beardeds' performance this spring!

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net
Member of AIS, ASI, HIPS, RIS, SIGNA, & Miami Valley Iris Society
Primary Interests: Hybridizing Arilbreds, Raising Native Ohio Species Irises