bloom report - historic?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: bloom report - historic?
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 16:43:45 -0600 (MDT)

Another one of those little niblets that Larry D. sent 2 yrs ago popped
into bloom the other day.  What a cutie!  In a normal year, I probably
wouldn't have given it a second glance - short (<1 ft), species look,
wide open standards, reminds me of californica pix I've seen, only much
more spidery. Almost a Siberian form. Shades of cream and yellow
mostly.  Nice!  Gotta 'rescue' it so I can enjoy it without having to go
hunt through the daisies to see it.  I hope it won't be one of those
that hardly ever blooms here.

Trying to decide how much money to throw away on plants that probably
will rot and not bloom...  when I look at the one year plant of COLETTE
THURILLET with 3 gorgeous stalks in 90o heat, I want to get hundreds
more; when I look at my performance list, I think I should join the
Region 7 exodus to daylilies.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA