In a private E-mail Joann asked:
  "Why don't you just sell the orphans.  I would be glad to buy them.
Afterall, your hard work should be rewarded."
  Good thought, and I do try to market as many as I can.  That's why I
started LORRAINE'S IRIS PATCH in the first place.  Thought I might sell
the increases instead of throwing them away.  And I also donate many of
the left overs to our club's rhizome sale.  However, there is not that
much demand for, especially, the older Irises.  And when the increases
are as numerous as they are after five or six, or more, years the only
solution seems to be to either dump them or give them away.  If I can
find takers.
   Lorraine, in Quincy, WA