Re: CULT: Bloom report and other stuff

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: Bloom report and other stuff
  • From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 00:15:36 -0600 (MDT)

Griff wrote:
>the earlier you transplant, the greater the risk of loss, I find.
>Because of a variety of exigencies, I usually transplant mine much
>later. So, when they are about 3 inches tall, I feed them Miracle >Gro
once a week.
Thanks very much for this information Griff. I think mine are safer in
their pots for the time being. Would you please give me an idea of the
contents of 'Miracle Grow', so I can try and get something very similar
here. Our brand names are usually different, even if they are produced
by the same companies.
I shouldn't have trouble keeping the ground moist over winter here. I'm
more concerned about keeping the animals off my tender young seedlings.
I think I will make some sort of frames with wire covering.
Then I can put down snail bait without worrying about the cats and dog
eating it.
Thanks again, - Jan Clark, in Australia