OT:Differing opinions rectified.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT:Differing opinions rectified.
  • From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 00:14:48 -0600 (MDT)

Hi all,
Just thought I'd mention that the person who I complained about last
week, wrote to me personally and apologised, and I wrote, what I hope
was taken as a friendly letter, back. Looking back through the mailing,
I can see now how easy it was to 'take offence' on both sides. This
person suggested withdrawing from the list, but I hope that this hasn't
happened. The internet can be a particularly difficult medium to use at
times. Age, cultural, ethnic differences, etc. can make it hard to put
across your meaning effectively, and writing in haste can occasionally
cause offence where none was intended. Guess we all need to think before
hitting the send button.
Jan Clark,