CULT: indoor irises

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: CULT: indoor irises
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 05:49:20 -0600 (MDT)

Final report on EURHYTHMIC (Blyth iris that Walta can't keep alive) for
this year - it spent the winter in a pot on a window sill in an unheated
room, has put on some vigorous new increase, was outdoors during the
hail storm and some light freezes, plus all the floods and constant
rain, and looks just fine.  No leaf spot, no rot, no bloom.  It is still
in its pot next to the bed of rebloomers (which I covered during the
worst of the killer freezes) and looks better than any of them.  Except
that some of those did bloom.....

Now all I have to do is build a giant greenhouse or maybe I could
'borrow' some waste heat from the Watt's Bar Nuclear Plant to keep these
guys from getting so cold during the winter and to protect from abrupt

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA