I'm Back!

Hi, Everyone!

I've been reading the wonderful IRIS-L mail since March 20th without
being able to post anything! Late March 19th I tried to send a file that
was too big to a friend, and from then on I could receive but not send
email. We got the newest Netscape (Communicator 4--love it!) to see if
that would fix the problem but it didn't. Then Windows crashed. When we
took it in May 7th to be fixed, the technician found that the computer
manufacturer had hot-glued the CPU chip to the motherboard and the fan
to the chip. He was able to rescue the chip but couldn't get the glue
off the MB, so replaced the motherboard, the fan which had quit (causing
a heatup which caused the crash of Windows), and the floppy drive (our
third in 2 years). The boys and I have enjoyed copying everything back,
so we are back in business, hurray! Had 384 messages waiting for me
after a week. Am really looking forward to posting to the IRIS-L and
privately to friends. I've been getting in on the Friday Night Chat too
-- that is VERY addictive -- if you haven't tried it, you should!

Tried to send this Sunday but got NO MAIL at all for Sunday except
privately--was the List down?

Very thankful to be back,  Barb J
Barb Johnson        lgjohnson@getonthe.net
Near Springfield, Missouri, the heart of the Ozarks      Zone 5b?   AIS
Region 18
AIS, HIPS, RIS, MIS