New England's Show on May 16th

	This is not a real show report just to say that a species won
	Best in Show at the Region I show on May 16th at the Tower Hill
	Botanical Garden in Boylston, Mass.

	Little *I. cristata alba* exhibited by Marty Schafer and Jan Sacks.

	There was only one TB (JESSE'S SONG) and one Siberian (INDY) from
	some folks that must be having an early bloom season.

	Bob Keup from the Albany, NY area was there as well as Dorothy
	Wheeler from this list and they  can give a real report.:) Bob also
	brought tons of iris in his van from Albany and all were in
	perfect shape.

	The Design Division was won by Kathy Marble with an exquisite
	creation. Lots of good designs and the Youth Section (?) was
	won by a six year old little girl! She explained to us how she
	selected the flowers (purple is her favorite color :)).

	I was introduced to two irises that I must have...one was by the
	Willotts. PICASSO's PRINT, I think that was the name. :( and
	ALADDIN's FLAME (SDB). Some great I. aphylla species were shown
	and I. aphylla 'Prodan' was very tall and imposing and gorgeous.

	Andrew (husband) and I went to the Marble's garden on our way
	home so I could show him *Big Rock* and her landscaping. :) He
	is a stone-wall maker as his avocation and was dutifully impressed.

Ellen Gallagher  / e_galla@moose.ncia.net
Siberian iris robin   /   sibrob@ncia.net
Northern New Hampshire, USA / USDA Zone 3