CULT: when to move bearded iris?

I've so enjoyed reading about the approaching  iris season on the list.
The main bearded bloom has finally arrived here in western Illinois!
Consistent with the many of the gardens out there, our season is
also weeks early.

But along with  all of the giddy iris joy, I've got a dilemma...
I need to transplant several beds of bearded iris (inc all classes) PRONTO!
My husband has announced a new project for that area *soon-ish * >:-[

Can I safely move each class as it finishes bloom , rather than waiting for the
textbook July-Aug recommendation for our area? It would help my cause!
Can I divide clumps as usual down to  single rhizomes, or should I leave pairs
since I'd be moving slightly out of season?
Help! I need your hand-holding:-)

Thanks so much  (in advance) for the advise!
Cynthia Kermode
Western Illinois
Zone5