moving Iris early

Glad to see the note about taking a big dirt clump when moving Iris
early--I just finished moving about 10 BB and since it had been raining for
several days, had a really big clump of dirt on each--one now has started
to bloom--so far others are looking good too.Last year about this time one
of my cement block terraces fell down--too much water, and there were my
MTB's--hanging on for dear life--about half the root ball right out in the
open--so I dug the hanging on roots out and put them in a safe place till
the terrace was redone--and they continued and bloomed just as if nothing
had happened!  I think they are heartier than we give them credit for!
They want to survive and bloom!
Years ago my mother-in-law supplied me with many Iris--she got them from an
older friend, and one visit we went to see older friend  to pick up some
new Iris for mom--and SHE WAS DIGGING AND MOVING THEM WHILE THEY WERE IN
BLOOM1  I was thunderstruck, but she said--how else do you put the colors
in the right place?  Never had anytrouble with any of the ones from
her--they survived that kind of moving o.k.  maybe cause they were older
ones?
                 Carryl in Region 11, Zone 3-4