Re: How to unsubscrube ?

Pat1632 wrote:

> How do I unsubscribe?  I am going to be gone shortly for two to three weeks
> and need to get off this list. Besides , I have missed some important mail
> from someone that I needed from and missed it because my  plate was full. I
> need an answer right away. Thank you .

When you subscribed to the Iris-l you received back a welcome message with the
subject of:

SUBSCRIBE IRIS-L <your name>

The welcome message has all sorts of nifty little instructions on
how to use the reflector INCLUDING how to set it to digest and how to
unsubscribe.

To send a command to the LISTSERV program (for example,
if you want to be dropped from the list), send email to:

LISTSERV@Rt66.com

In the body of your message, you must type a proper command
for the program. A few common commands are listed here:

SUBSCRIBE IRIS-L <yourname>
  adds your name and email address to this mailing list

UNSUB IRIS-L
  drops you from the list (do not add your name; only these
  two words are needed)

REVIEW IRIS-L
  gives you a list of everyone currently on the list

SET IRIS-L MAIL DIGEST
  instructs the list processor to send you periodic digests
  of the list messages, rather than each one individually
  as it is posted

SET IRIS-L MAIL ACK
  returns to normal (non-digest) mode

HELP
  gives you a list of other LISTSERV commands

Maybe this is a little blunt, and I am sure I will get some flames back, but
take a little pity on Tom who (with lots of support form others) put all this
together and went to the trouble of generating the introduction message so you
would have the knowledge to use the list. RTM

If you discarded the message without reading it, you can find it under Iris-L
at

http://www.rt66.com/~telp/garden.htm

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.