[Fwd: CULT; Bloom report]

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: [Fwd: CULT; Bloom report]
  • From: Chris Hollinshead <cris@netcom.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 16:07:08 -0600 (MDT)

Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 09:20:49 -0400
From: Chris Hollinshead <cris@netcom.ca>
To: iris-l@rt66.com
Subject: Re: CULT;  Bloom report

Barbara Mann wrote:

> Maureen--Hi!  KLINGON PRINCESS--what's it like?  I've evidently missed that
> one.......

It's a definitely a wild one... various colors similar to colors of a Klingon!
A really neat SDB. Have it in my garden and admired it for a long while as a
seedling.  Hopeful for a good sized clump next year.

This is a Chuck Chapman introduction from 1997 and I will try to describe it
for you in other than Star Trek terms! Wide, ruffled falls with excellent form
and strong substance. Standards yellowish khaki with violet midribs and wash.
Falls are also yellowish khaki but changing to citrine yellow at the edge and
in the throat. Beard is dusty violet with bronze tips. From cross of CHUBBY

Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
AIS(Region 16), CIS, SSI
Director-Canadian Iris Society