Re: HYB: South Carolina TBs

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: HYB: South Carolina TBs
  • From: Claire 235 <Claire235@aol.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 17:31:54 -0600 (MDT)

Linda,

The iris you mention of Everett Lineberger's  Ann, Easter Vigil and Yesterday
(a
rebloomer) all do well for me.  My daughter has all of these in her iris
garden
on Signal Mtn. in Chattanooga, Tn.  They have done well for her but this year
she has only had about 30% bloom, the medians have done better than the
tall bearded.  My TB bloom this year was not nearly as good as last year's.
Since I have a lot of rebloomers I am still hopeful.  My Louisiana's, species
and Spurias have performed better for me this year.  However I have been
enjoying iris a few at a time all year so I certainly have nothing to complain
about.  I think things just grew too fast this year for our peak bloom season.

My African iris bloomed for me the first time and I really was impressed with
this beautiful bloom. light purple standards, white falls, and gold signal,
very
eye catching!

Enjoy your posts.  Keep persevering and certainly some of them will perform
for you.  Forget that daylilly bit,just a few maybe hear and there!

Claire Honkanen, Isle of Palms, SC. Reg.V 7/8 looking forward to Japanese
bloom
about to start.