Re: OWYHEE DESERT

On Mon, 18 May 1998, JEM 300 wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Did you get a look at that iris OWYHEE DESERT on the inside back cover of the
> bulletin??  Wow, it is just beautiful.  I'm wondering two things, is it a
> median and where can I get one?  If anyone knows where to obtain it I would
> appreciate the information.  Thanks.
>
> Linda Doffek    West Bend WI   zone 5
> Siberians and TBs will be in bloom soon, IBs are ruling the garden momentarily

	Linda, the following is a quote from Keith Keppel's catalog.

	OWYHEE DESERT (Pinkston '97) ML 30" (Wild Jasmine X ?) One of the
most original new irises we've grown in years.  Standards white to
greenish white, falls rusty brown, encircled white, washed gold to green
gold but still leaving a whitish ray pattern.  Not an easy parent, but
well worth trying.  $35

	O D was hybridized by Lucille Pinkston, of Parma, ID, and
introduced by Sand Hollow Iris Gardens, 14000 Oasis Rd., Caldwell , ID
83605

	You may order Keith Keppel's catalog by writing him at P. O. Box
18154, Salem, OR 97305.

	I agree O D is beautiful and am glad I ordered it without seeing a
picture of it!

	Has anyone on the list in OR or ID seen this iris?

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8